Pages

09 May 2014

Review on The One by Kiera Cass

Hey all y'all! I don't usually review books but I'm going to today. Here are my thoughts on The One by Kiera Cass.


The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of IllĂ©a, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!

{^^from Amazon}

First off, the cover. OH MAH WORD. *dies into little fangirl bits* It's even better when you take the dust jacket off, if you can believe that. All white and cream and the inside is the loveliest shade of gray.
I'm going to be honest, the cover makes half the book for me.
Second, I was a little annoyed with the love triangle. I know Ms. Cass started the book off with the love triangle so she had to keep it until the end, but it became almost boring and bland. It was obvious that America and Aspen's relationship was fading, even from the second book.

**SPOILERS**  I was honestly quite shocked when Ms. Cass started killing characters off. The whole series gave a light-hearted feel, so it really was a plot twist. However, I do think the deaths added to the book.
And, the Northern Rebels. Oh my. It really was a surprise, but again, it was good. **END OF SPOILERS*

I feel like there was still some things to untangle at the end. the whole ''Southern Rebels'' thing was never really fixed.
As for the writing, there were places where I stopped and thought : this writing is stunning. asdfghjkl
Not a whole lot of big writing moments, but often little subtle ones that really added all around.

All in all I enjoyed this book, I thought it was fairly obvious who America was going to pick, and I give it four stars. 

Have your read The One? What did you think about it?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read The Selection!
    I nominated you for the Sunshine Award over on my blog :)

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and respectful to each other.

xoxo

p.s. you're looking fab today.