Pages

18 May 2014

Happiness

I believe that doing the right thing will not always make you happy. It's HARD doing the right thing sometimes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the right thing to do. {yes, I am jumping right into this post. Hello. This is the post} I do believe, however, that while doing the right thing might not make you happy in the now-term, it will make you happy later when it counts.
I also believe doing the wrong thing might make you happy {now}. But that happiness won't last, and soon guilt {hopefully} will set in and make you miserable.
Let's admit it, if you are feeling guilty you are probably doing the wrong thing. There are very few times when the experience of guilt doesn't mean you are doing the wrong thing. 
The phrase ''do what makes you happy'' has so many meanings.  You have to remember though that sometimes you can't, or rather shouldn't, do what makes you happy. It sucks, yeah. Sometimes happiness has to be sacrificed so you can have it later on. 
This is how I like to view it: You can do something bad  sin, that makes you happy for a short time right now, but be miserable later , or you could do the right thing now and be miserable for a short time and be happy for a long time later. Which one would you choose?
Now, I'm not saying all happiness means you're doing something bad, or you have to suffer before you can be happy. No! Sometimes doing the right thing, the good thing, is easy and comes naturally. It won't always be like that, but when it is, be joyful! 

So those are my views on happiness right now. They could change tomorrow, they could change in a year. I don't know, but I'm telling you about them now.
What do you think? Feel free to leave an honest opinion in the comment section, ALL COMMENTS AND VIEWS WILL BE RESPECTED {disagree nicely}.

post script: I know this is a change from my usually happy/story posts. I want this to be a blog where you can read those happy posts AND the deep, meaningful ones that hopefully makes you think about your own opinion. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Madeline, they were good to read. I think it's great you want to post a variety of things on your lovely blog. <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting S! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Hey! I decided to have a quick peek at your blog after you left an extremely lovely comment on mine:) It's beautiful, you have a new follower. I'll look forward to reading your posts in the future!
    Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo! Thank you; you are too sweet! I adore your blog!

      Delete
  3. I agree totally. I love your views on happiness :)
    And I love that you have variety on your blog :)
    xo,
    -Anna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I was sorta scared I was going to get bad feedback, but everything's been good so far! :)

      Delete

Please be nice and respectful to each other.

xoxo

p.s. you're looking fab today.