18 April 2014

Coloring Easter Eggs

 
 
One of my favorite parts of Easter is dying Easter eggs! We haven't always done this, but when we do it's way too much fun. I won't be posting on Easter so here is your very own little Easter post. Enjoy your Easter and try to remember it's not about the candy, okay? Okay.

{click any of the pictures to enlarge them.}
 
We boiled 1 dozen eggs for about forever, and then we could decorate! The second picture is my first egg. I meant for it to be a minty color, but that didn't work out so well. ;) Then we let our eggs dry for also forever. The last picture is the huge mess we had on our hands after that.

 
This was my first egg. I used a silver sharpie to draw the lines. :) It's one of my favorites.

 
This one turned into a water-colored egg by accident. I was turning over the egg in red vinegar water and dropped red food dye on it, making it look water-colorish. On the other side I wrote ''Be Happy'' in silver sharpie since it was not stained on that side. :)
 
 
This one was a green / red side ombre.

 
This one was a four color egg {purple, blue, green, and orange}. It was my least favorite so I ate it first. ;)

 
My brothers' made some too, and these were my favorite of there's. On the left, a rainbow-y egg and on the right, a true purple.

 
And then I took some fancy-smanchy photos of mine. ;)
 
Which one was your favorite?
Are you going to dye eggs this year?
 
love and sorry for the semi-boring post,
Madeline

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I like the 'Be Happy' one the best. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those are super cool,we paint eggs with my cousins!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many different ways to decorate Easter eggs, haha.

      Delete
  3. I love dying Easter eggs! We usually paint them the Friday before Resurrection Sunday, and hunt them on Saturday. So we get "Spring Baskets"! =)
    We have to do ours a week late this year. =( But we'll have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like fun! My family is celebrating Easter with our other family a week late, so y'all won't be the only ones. ;)

      Delete
  4. Cool eggs!

    -celia-
    blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.co,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty! I love the green with silver stripes :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and respectful to each other.

xoxo

p.s. you're looking fab today.