Pages

15 June 2012

A simple thing to do....

So, you know when you have those empty mini-boxes of cereal, and you might be thinking something along the lines of : 'These would be perfect for my dolls, but I really don't want those little pointy flaps sticking up'.
You might simply tape them down, but then it's all shiny and a little weird. So what should you do? Let's find out:
 Gather all of your supplies, an adventure awaits! You'll need:
EMPTY mini-cereal box (s),
scissors,
ruler (or you can guess)
See these flaps? So look at the pink one. On the very pointy top it's probably about 1 and a half inches.
 You want to cut off about a centimeter (or two) on both sides, so it's an inch (or just till it's an inch).
 Flip that thingy around! You may not be able to notice, but I highlighted 'Kellogg's' in pink. :)
 Take your scissors and poke a small hole to the left or right of the Kellogg's sign. You want to then cut it straight until it's about one inch and 2 centimeters long (so the flap can be stuck in). (You might need help in the poke the scissors in the pointy flap part)
 Take your 1 inch flap and insert the narrow part into the cut you just created. You might need to make the cut bigger, though.
 This is mine next to a un-opened box of Rice Krispies.
 I got so annoyed when I saw that Frosted Flakes are 'of corn'. It was like, ' Oh my goodness! I thought they were made of BLUEBERRIES!'
And your done! Woot! (I'll explain Rebecca's outfit later, can you tell? She's wearing a Bitty Baby skirt as a top.)
So, all in all it might have been better/easier to tape it. But this way, it's more realistic.
~Madeline

2 comments:

  1. Aw, never thought of that before!
    Remember my post on Friends Through Photos where you thought you were at the homeschool conference I have pictures of? I'd love to know if you were there, because then I probably know you, so email me! :D
    -A.J.
    aj.means.pink@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice and respectful to each other.

xoxo

p.s. you're looking fab today.