Pages

16 November 2014

NaNoWriMo Week 2 Update!

_______  has this way of silently dismissing people, where he turns his head away from you like he's thinking of something else.
Some would wait for his mind to return to them, but most leave.
It's the silent, I'm bored with you now dismissal, and it's what he does now.
Except, instead of him being there to turn his head away, he's not here at all.

-=+=-


I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the name for one of my MCs, so that's why there's a blank there. 

Let's be honest here: I didn't write a lot of these days this past week. However, my word count is:

11,526


It's not where I want to be right now, espically considering we're half way through. I'm going to promise myself to at least write something everyday this week, even if it's just two words. We'll see how it goes. I'm also going to try to at least get to 12K tonight. 


Something I learned this week:

Don't consider writing that scene, just write it. If you don't like it / want to change it, that's for the editing. During November there's only writing, no editing. It's hard to remember, I know.


How have you been doing with your novel?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog. I am also working on NaNoWriMo. The hardest part for me has been not going back to edit. As I move on in my story I keep thinking of great ways to expand my characters and plot. It kills me that the words I've written so far as so...BAD! But I now that once I have a finished draft it will be easier to head backwards and change things up. For now we must just keep trugging along. WHEW ITS HARD SOMETIMES.

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!


    I write about being a traveler and adventurer in training and wrote more about NaNoWriMo here: http://youngladyexplorer.blogspot.com/2014/11/beautiful-books-linkup-2-my-surprising.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sus!
      Very cool. Yeah, I struggle with that too. :) I'll go back in December though and make all the words pretty.

      Thanks! You too!

      Delete

Please be nice and respectful to each other.

xoxo

p.s. you're looking fab today.